RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donald Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:04:46 -0600
Matt,

Based on the questions that I have asked in the past, this is the last
list
I would look for "valid comments" on anything. I asked for a
comparison between
raw verses macrobiotics and got thing back like Michio Kushi is a
chain smoker
and eats junk food, therefore macrobiotics is no good (Michio didn't
invent
macrobiotics). Macro does not have a scientific basics (what is the
scientific
basis for raw?). Macro causes bad teeth. My favorite reply was that
one person
did not like macro because you had to chew your food (I guess you
don't need to
chew your food if it is raw). One person even asked me to look up the
differences
and report back to the group.

Personally, I think being fanatical about any diet is bad. It makes
more
sense to me to rotate your diet and monitor your vital signs; Eat for
optimal
health, what ever that is for you. When I ate only raw foods, I
developed severe
gastrointestinal problems. I find that partly raw and partly cooked
works best
for me. I am very suspicious about "one size fits all" approaches.

You will probably see a whole bunch or emotional replies defending raw
after
this message gets posted.

Best of Luck,

Don