Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 16:46:29 +0000
> What is wide SCSI?  Is this due to the fact the cable is wider then
> regular SCSI?
>

> Thanks,
> Bill

No, the width of the data path. In fact, I just purchased a new SCSI
interface and the narrow cable is for the WIDE SCSI connections and
the wide cable is for the NARROW SCSI connections.

Narrow SCSI cable has 50 pins and wide SCSI cable has 68 pins. I
believe Wide SCSI has a max thru-put of 40 MB/sec while narrow SCSI
is 20 MB/sec. I am not sure of the difference in all the
designations, SCSI-1, SCSI-2, SCSI-3, Fast SCSI, Wide SCSI,
Ultra-Wide SCSI. Perhaps a more knowledgeable list member could
enlighten us as the the difference in the designations.

Jim

Jim Maki