Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 14:19:54 +0200
Firstly, thanks for all your input regarding multifunction
printer/scanner/copier/fax machines. Without all your positive responses I
wouldn't have had enough confidence to get an all-in-one. I decided to go
for the HP PSC500 (it's one of the few with a flatbed scanner) -- even
though it doesn't have a fax function, I can scan and then fax using the Win
2K fax program.

Now I'm debating about a CD-ROM burner, and would appreciate feedback about
whether to consider an internal or external model. I have an old desktop
(running Win '95) and a new laptop (running Win 2K). The options I'm
considering are either getting an internal CD-ROM burner for the laptop
(because that's my most up-to-date computer), or an external model that
could be connected to either using a parallel or USB connection. The
positive side of getting an external model would be that I could use it for
both machines, including in case I replace my desktop with a newer computer
in the future. What I'm concerned about regarding an external model is
whether the quality and reliability and ease of use is equal to an internal
model. Any advice is appreciated.

TIA,
David Landau

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions