From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:10:04 -0500
Hi Stacie,
I may be unusual but I have my Häagen Dazs and then go right back to eating
only paleo foods without any cravings to continue eating sugar. The dairy
does not seem to bother me and I do eat a fair amount of cheese. I do not
eat grains at all. In the 1 1/2 years on paleo, I have eaten pizza on 3
different occasions. Like many others with Crohn's disease it is grains,
starches, and disaccharides that give me the most trouble.

Mark

Mark,
Do you find that this makes it more difficult to stick with paleo for a few
days following; that is, do you have a "back on track" period following your
Haagen-Dazs binge? I am wondering b/c my husband has expressed some interest
in having an occasional ice cream treat (He prefers Ben & Jerry's) and has
not allowed himself this because of worries that it will throw his system
out of whack and make it difficult for him to get back on track. Me, I have
chocolate about once a month. Usually I get a small bag of cocoa dusted
almonds about once a month if you know what I mean. After I eat them, I have
no desire for chocolate until the next month. I have tried to make
substitutes but I usually end up really going to town on carob and honey,
and getting the chocolate anyway.
Stacie