C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kristina Fallon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 13:43:19 EST
I had ask about the hart walker and here is what I got back from the company.
 If any of you are going to the show in Atlanta.  Plus if anyone is going I
would love info on the Sunday show on haw to get a play ground in your
community. Thanks.
The Hart Walker is a unique device that has to be fitted by specially
trained orthotists and physical therapists.  All of our clinicians have
been trained by the inventor of the device, David Hart, at his clinic in
England.  Families must therefore travel to a clinical location where
they have been trained on the fitting of the Hart Walker. The nearest
clinic to you at this time is in Plantation, Florida.  The cost
of the walker includes the device itself, all the clinical costs
associated with the assessment of the child, customization of the brace
and fitting of the Hart Walker as well as the first four follow up
visits which are essential.  The bracing is adjusted to suit the needs
of the child so the the child can be aligned as perfectly as possible
and are taught a natural walking gait.  Children do progress and
therefore adjustments are necessary.  The all inclusive cost at the
Florida clinic is approx. $6,000.00.  One of our clinical teams also
travels to Richmond, Virginia to do assessments, fittings and follow
ups.

I will be attending the World Congress on Disabilities trade show in
Atlanta, Georgia on November 10 - 12th with the Hart Walker if you would
like to see the device.

Sincerely,
Cindy Stevens
Hart Independent Mobility