C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 13:09:26 EST
That's right, you did get stuck in Wales didn't you?  I remember that you
told me that.

Service in the US?  Where might that be, pray tell?  Just kidding.  In
defense of one Texaco station I must say that I have found one place that
does it all and I am loyal to them.  They even take care of putting air in my
wheelchair tires.  These guys are great but definitely the exception rather
than the rule. That's in the DC area, I don't know about other places.  Maybe
they do a good job elsewhere.

Certain druidic practices?!?  Brother, have you piqued my curiosity..wait.
I'm getting it now.  Could this be, per chance, the same druidic practice
that my first husband engaged in at the foot of the Lincoln memorial after
the Fourth of July celebration where we partied all day?  The line was
shorter (ahem) than the one at the portable public druidic practice units
located near the Washington Monument.

Are we on the same sheet of music?  Could it be?

Betty

In a message dated 10/29/2000 5:42:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> On Friday 27 October 2000 11:31 am, you wrote:
>  > > I bet you're not paying about $5.30 per (US) gallon - we are!!!
>  >
>  > Holy Mackerel!  Deri, was it you who said that?  Are you guys really
> paying
>  > that much for good old petrol?
>  >

>  Holy Cadillacs, Betty. Hence the recent "civil disobedience" problems (
> Europe
>  wide, beginning of September) - refinery blockades, 5mph Lorry "Convoys"
>  across all lanes of the Motorway, etc.!!!! That's why I got trapped in
Wales
>  for a week in a cottage half way up a mountain (no petrol - all refineries
>  blockaded).
>
>  Most of the cost is tax, noble idea - make petrol so expensive people will
>  find "greener" modes of transport. The gotcha is that the tax raised is not
>  being used to improve Public Transport to a level where its feasible to
> leave
>  the car at home.
>
>  > Geezuflip!  I won't complain about gas prices here anymore ($1.65 per
>  > gallon right now in DC).  I hope at least they check your oil and clean
>  > your windshield.
>  >

>  Ah, you're talking about service - 'fraid you'll have to go to the USA for
>  that!!!!
>
>  > Changing the subject.  I found a great book about Stonehenge in my Mom's
>  > collection and I've been poking through it tonight.  What a fantastic
>  > place!
>  >
>  > Betty
>
>  Stonehenge is positively amazing, and so easy to get (almost!) arrested.
How
>  was I to know (after an all night party!!) that certain Druidic practices
>  broke some local bye-law!!

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."