C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vincent Cleniuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:19:51 -0400
Christine,

I'd like to second Gordon's recommendations.  Many doctors originally
diagnosed me as mentally retarded, even so far as saying I would be
a vegetable.

However, my parents did not give up on me.  They encouraged me to think
and learn.  They got me involved in music.  That's one of the best things
I can suggest...

At first I had a tough time at school, especially math.  After some tutoring
I really took to it.  Support your son... encourage and inspire him to do
anything he's able to.  Forget the doctors...

Regards,
Vince