BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:51:49 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Turkeys

> Will someone please inform me just what type of list server this is. I was
> under the impression that I joined a list server that has a topic of
> preservation, not turkeys. [snipped]

Hello Steve,

Just to let you know, this is NOT the "real" preservation listserv -- that
would be PTN-L, or one of the others. (See, for example,
www.preserve.org/listserv.htm, www.ptn.org )

This is the LOBBY of the preservation listservs, where a bunch of erstwhile
preservationeers hang around and discuss many different topics, most all
related to preservation of SOMETHING, although you may have noticed that
"something" is not limited to buildings.  Sometimes it's a discussion about
preservation of traditions, habits, food, the earth in general, humankind,
endangered species (like Ralph, who is one of the last representatives of a
vanishing breed  ;)  ), antique vehicles, mobile homes, lifestyles and
cultures....   and not the least of the subjects is the important topic of
how the hell to keep a sense of perspective and humor in these very (for
many different reasons) trying times we find ourselves in.

Ooops, sorry grammar police, I meant "in which we find ourselves".

deb