BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Authentic Replicants Converge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 21:14:19 EDT
For reasons which remain obscure, I decided to look at the May/June
PRESERVATION magazine before throwing it out, despite the cover story
regarding golf courses.  To my shock and amazement, an article by Witold
Rybczynski (what do we think about him, other than wonder whether his name
can be pronounced, even by the Raydome?) entitled (God forbid) "The Lure of
the New" was illustrated by a photo (among many) of the joint
][<en-Dick-Ralph project at 32 West 40th Street, originally The Engineers'
Club, showing ][<en's pipe scaffolding and netting.  It doesn't happen to
mention that work is going on on the building, or its more important neighbor
the Radiator Bldg, but we got our picture in the paper.  So to speak. Hot
damn.  I trust you're all suitably impressed.

OK, back to sleep, all of you.

Ralph