BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Authentic Replicants Converge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:35:24 -0400
Christopher,
    If they were my doors I would remove just the patination by buffing and
using cutting compounds.  Buff entire surface with a rouge, wax and polish.
Rewax two coats of Microcrystalline Wax yearly.  Or apply hot patinas to get
an even blue/green and then wax.
    If they were a client's doors I would recommend they contact  a
conservator that does historic bronze doors all the time and can suggest a
myriad of options, finishes and annual maintenance required, including
estimates of cost.  One such person is Franicis Miller of ConservArt LLC.  A
new member of The Guild of Fine Craftsmen and Artisans:  203-248-2530
Best,
Leland