Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:57:46 -0500
7bit
From:
Carol Olivie <[log in to unmask]>
Try looking in the BIOS for the COM ports they might be set to disable
instead of enable.
Carol

-

I have Mitsubishi Apricot 'XEN-PC' 486DX66 which I am setting up and
have run into a problem:

Both MSD.EXE and another diagnostic report no COM ports despite the
physical presence of two, clearly labelled as such.

Could these have been jumpered off for some obscure reason, or am I
looking at a board failure?  Any advice on restoring these ports much
appreciated.

Thanks,  Neil Taylor

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions