CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:08:55 -0600
From:
Anthony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
7Bit
In brief, Israel would not last a second without the US.      It is both
a suburb of New York,  and a Frankenstein creation of the West (all in
the name of supporting Jewish self determination).     Am I anti-
Semetic in saying so?

No, it is a prime example of what happens when imperialism is the prime
enforcer for a nationalist movement.     Legitimate issues of Jews, were
converted into being an instrument of repression against another
national group- The Palestinians.

A real example of what can go wrong, for all those who worked to support
the nationalism of Albanians within Yugoslavia,  as it was pushed
forward by NATO.      They were preceeded,  by the same style
mobilization of humanitarian concern,  in support of imperialist
interests in the Middle East.      The result---Israel.

When we lose sight of who The Enforcers are in a nationalist cause, we
can end up supporting the opposite of self determination.      I doubt
that too many Leftists today,  believe that the Arab World has obtained
the right to self determination.     Plus, it is doubtful that the
Jewish people world wide have gained true self determination.
Dependency on the largess of the US doesn't quite fit the idea of being
a free people.

Sincerely..................Tony Abdo........