From:
Mary Carol Koester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 21:36:13 EST

Thanks for your responses to my query on sleep, fatigue, and memory.  Many
people said they have these symptoms even though the GI tract has healed.
Both sleep onset and continuity problems are present; one has restless leg
syndrome.  Memory loss and difficulty concentrating were common for the
respondents.  One mentioned sleep meds and the problem of 'hangover' effect
the next day.  Muscle aches and migraines were mentioned.

The most likely suggested cause was food allergies such as sugar, starches,
etc. or accidental gluten.  Other  possibilities were thyroid, fibromyalgia,
chronic fatigue, candidiasis, lack of vit B, esp. B6.

As for coping, those with similar symptoms are, like me, using band aid
approaches.  If most or all of the above causes have been tried and
eliminated, there really were not a lot of answers. Some felt it had to do
with the amount of damage sustained before dx and did not expect it to change
as they have been g-f  for quite a while.

At least we know that others are having these problems and can appreciate the
support.  Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions, MC