RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Maynard S. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:02:32 -0400
At 12:53 PM 9/27/00 -0700, Carol S wrote:
>Interesting that you should say that, since all the people I know
>who practice macrobiotics have very bad teeth.
>Do you think this may be related to cooked vs. raw rice?

No!  It's from not brushing their teeth, and from snacking
throughout the day.

>Or maybe they're just not practicing macrobiotics very well?

If dental hygiene is part of macrobiotics, then they're not practicing
macrobiotics very well.  Dental hygiene requires oral prophylaxis,
which is applying physical forces of some kind to the surfaces
of the teeth.

I notice the same terror in the populations of Boston, MA,
the East Coast home of macrobiotics, the sad fact of
advanced gum disease.

But thankfully that trend is abating, perhaps with the increase
in the availability of dental plans, for which I have long lobbied
with corporations.

Maynard