From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 19:42:00 -0500
Vern:
The size of your COMMAND file is the same as I have in my Win98SE root, but
there should be a number of other files in C:\ that Windows needs to run, so
it doesn't sound to me that Win98 is installed. The 340 mb of free space is
scary -- that's smaller than my C:\Windows folder. According to the MS
Win98SE box, the minimums for Win98 are 486DX66 or better, 24 mb RAM, and at
least 205 mb on the hard drive. Further down, there's a note that says,
"System requirements for Windows 98-based programs may exceed system
requirements described above for Windows 98." Based on my past experience
with trying to run Win3.1 on a minimal system, that is a gross
misunderstatement.
I don't know what you're trying to do, but I don't think that either Win98
or Win95 are going to be good choices without at least 32/64 mb RAM and a
larger hard drive. Even then, you're going to learn the virtues of patience.
Good luck,
Carroll Grigsby