From:
Alan Priol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:06:51 +1100
I need a little information here about adding a second HD as a slave. After
adding the drive to the multiple partitioned Master, the slave will no doubt
be given the D: location, bumping the other partitions up one letter. My
question is, can I make two partitions on the slave drive without having to
make one active and so create a problem with my boot C: partition, or will
the two new partitions just be assimilated (al la BORG) into the partition
letters of the main drive. This new HD will only be used for storage so an
FDISK and FORMAT should be all that is needed. The partition letters can be
taken care of later with a drive mapper.

Regards,
Alan Priol.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org