CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. L. Wilson
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 22:47:00 -0500
CHOMSKY Subscribers:

The CHOMSKY Web archives are undergoing a service upgrade.

We are updating LISTSERV from version 1.8c to the newest Y2K compliant
1.8d. The CHOMSKY Web archives will be out of service until further
notices.  I wished I could give you a specific date when the Web
archives to be back on-line, however, this is highly sophisticated
software and every change I make seem to create another *!@#&+%
challenge.

This upgrade does not effect the operations of e-mail.

Until the installation is completed and debugged, you can use the direct
e-mail commands to:

1. Manager your subscription options
2. Search/retrieve messages

Examples of commands to search/retrieve messages:

Search 'Magazine=' in CHOMSKY since 99/10/01
Search 'magazine=' in CHOMSKY where sender contains 'Wilson'
Search * in CHOMSKY where sender is [log in to unmask]
Search * in CHOMSKY since 99/10/01where subject contains 'magazine'

All of the above commands *must* be sent to the LISTSERV address.

The LISTSERV address is:

To get a listing of available commands and topics, sending the request
"help me"   (without the quotation marks).

A 38 page LISTSERV User's Guide is available and can be viewed online or
retrieved from their FTP server in a variety of word processing formats.

<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/userindex.html>

or

<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/index.html>

You may need to scroll down the page to find it.

I regret any inconvenience this update has caused.  Conversely, the
benefits outweigh the inconveniences.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

F. Leon Wilson
CHOMSKY List Owner