RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 23:38:12 EST
In a message dated 3/8/2003 11:20:24 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> One more thing! :)
>
> All the great apes eat insects, and not just by accident either.  They
> seek out and hunt insects - yes, even gorillas.  Does this mean that
> humans *should* or *are meant to* eat insects?
>
> Carol

Dear Carol,

I've seen no evidence that "all great apes eat insect" on purpose.
Certainly, they eat them because they are on/in their food -- so do we,
sometimes.

Bonobos eat less than one percent of their diet in the form of concentrated
proteins, including bugs.   That's not much, and it's pretty clear that the
majority is indeed incidental.   In any case, should we actually need one
percent in the form of concentrated proteins, we need not eat bugs or meat to
get it.

Namaste,

Loren

Loren Lockman