RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 14:05:11 -0800
Wes wrote
>>>The most logical conclusion that I can muster is that one
>>>should do what one finds works best for one, if optimum
>>>health and well-being is what one wants (not everyone
>>>necessarily wants that, in my observation).

Carol wrote
>>If you're looking at only yourself, you have to wait many,
>>many years (if you even live that long) before getting
>>really valuable data (did the subject ever develop cancer?
>>heart disease?)  By the time you have amassed enough life
>>data to draw any clear conclusions from, isn't it kinda too
>>late?
>
> In other words, why bother?

No, that's not what I meant.  I thought you were saying that the most
logical way to search for optimum health for oneself is to observe
only what works best for oneself, that observation of others is
irrelevant.  I just wanted to say that there is great value (and
logic) in also looking at other people, because looking at others'
lives gives you a perspective that you just can't get on your own life
until it's over (or nearly so).  The rest of your response makes
perfect sense to me, and I think we actually agree.  It was just that
your original statement implied, to my initial reading of it, a much
narrower belief than you actually hold. :)

Ah, misunderstandings... what would e-lists be without 'em?

Cheers,
Carol