RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 06:40:18 -0500
Loren,

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:21:18 EST, Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I went from being very sick almost 17 years ago to seeing IBS, candidiasis,
>chronic fatigue, chronic sinusitis, and almost 60 allergies disappear within
>6 months of giving up animal products and processed foods.   Five years
>later, I went completely raw vegan and my levels of vitality soared.
>
>Since that time I have never been sick, and have enjoyed a level of health
>and vitality that I rarely see in people around me.   I stay pretty active,
>and my employees half my age are unable to keep up with me most of the time.
>Over the last 11 years, I have counseled many people all over the world to
>much better levels of health by following a raw vegan diet.   There are, of
>course, excellent raw vegan diets -- we are frugivores, physiologically --
>and diets that are less ideal.   People will thrive to the degree that they
>follow the best diet, insure that they are meeting all of the body's other
>physiological needs, including the need for ample rest and sleep, fresh air,
>pure water, sunshine, emotional poise, and activity.   Each of these key
>areas is equally important, and no one will achieve optimal health while
>ignoring any one of them.

I find your story to be inspirational. I know you've been ridiculed on this
 discussion forum in the past, but I for one will not dismiss your story out
of hand. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well, and are also helping many
other people to improve their health and their lives, via your clinic, etc..
If you can do what you say you have done, then theoretically at least, so
can other people.

And yes, I agree that health is governed by a lot more than just diet. All
aspects of the lifestyle are also highly important -- all the factors you
mentioned above, among other things.

Take care,

Wes