RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:21:18 EST
Dear Wes,

I agree completely with the sentiments below, and with your thoughts on
Weston Price's research.   There are many people who swear by their own
personal regime, because they have acquired better health by following it.
Unfortunately, this is not a logical or reliable indicator.   Someone eating
3 big macs a day that cuts down to 2 is likely to get healthier;   that does
not suggest that 2 big macs a day is part of a healthy diet, only that ANY
improvement in diet will create a consequent improvement in health.

I went from being very sick almost 17 years ago to seeing IBS, candidiasis,
chronic fatigue, chronic sinusitis, and almost 60 allergies disappear within
6 months of giving up animal products and processed foods.   Five years
later, I went completely raw vegan and my levels of vitality soared.

Since that time I have never been sick, and have enjoyed a level of health
and vitality that I rarely see in people around me.   I stay pretty active,
and my employees half my age are unable to keep up with me most of the time.

Over the last 11 years, I have counseled many people all over the world to
much better levels of health by following a raw vegan diet.   There are, of
course, excellent raw vegan diets -- we are frugivores, physiologically --
and diets that are less ideal.   People will thrive to the degree that they
follow the best diet, insure that they are meeting all of the body's other
physiological needs, including the need for ample rest and sleep, fresh air,
pure water, sunshine, emotional poise, and activity.   Each of these key
areas is equally important, and no one will achieve optimal health while
ignoring any one of them.

There are many reasons people may "fail" on a raw vegan diet, including a
poor version of the diet (lots of condiments, dried foods, etc.), a body that
is toxic/not functioning very well, and not meeting all of the body's other
needs -- e.g., nothing functions properly if the body is chronically
underslept, still toxic, not active enough, etc.

By getting the system very clean and functioning as well as possible (which
we do via fasting), then helping people understand what the ideal diet is for
them and how to better hear and interpret the body's signals, my clients
invariably reach much higher levels of health.

In truth, most of them are not willing to adopt a completely raw vegan diet,
largely for social reasons.   The ones who do usually fare the best, though
anyone making improvements is bound to see those improvements reflected in
their health.

Namaste,

Loren Lockman
Director,