Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 18:58:03 -0600
I would like to thank everybody for the great response to my problem. I have
been building systems for 5 years now and I have never been beat up like
this before.  ;-(
Its hard to express my dismay when I next day another new A7V board and
droped it in to only have the same response. I'll throw this back out and
see if I'm missing something here.

3DCOOL TORNADO 2000 CASE WITH A 400WATT PS/ASUS AV7 MAINBOARD
512MB APACER PC133 SDRAM
IBM 75GB 7200RPM HARDDRIVE
TECH 12X10X32 WRITER
1GHZ THUNDERBIRD
ATI ALL IN ONE RADON V-CARD

Power to board lights up and cpu fan starts but stops in 5 sec. I have
changed out everything above and have run run the board in and out of the
system ( short problems).
I'm ready to scream............

BTW: Pulled the bat. and shorted the cmos pins on one board and now it does
NOT power the PS or the CPU fan .....still have the light on the

Fred Caldwell