From:
Diana Benoit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:22:51 -0500
Hi Listers,

Thanks to all who responded to my "Device conflict" problem.  Because of
the responses, I got it straightened out.

Now, we have another problem.  On the new system I built, it works fine
-- until it is left on for awhile without being used.  When we go back
to it, the pointer is not there.  When it finally appears it doesn't
want to move.  After we click and move the mouse for awhile we can
manage to move the pointer to either close the program we were in, or if
that was already done, to try to open a new program.  However, neither
can be done.  Nor can we shut it down.  Nothing short of a Ctrl + Alt +
Del will solve the problem.  Sometimes we even have to shut the power
off from the tower.  After we turn it back on all is well.

Is there something in "Set Up" I missed?

We have an Abit VH6 mother board
733mhz Intel Pentium III processor clocked at 133mhz
256mb ram
8mb video ram
20mb HDD
CD-ROM
CD-RW
56k Modem
MS Intellimouse

Any ideas and help would be appreciated.  I love this list and have
learned so much.  Couldn't have built my system without it and know
you'll help me make it work right.

Thanks,
Diana

                     visit our download web page at: