From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:27:28 -0500
You did not say what type of motherboard you have.
AT or ATX? On an AT mother board, all the reset button
did was interrupt the power to the CPU.
(List members, correct me if I'm wrong...)
So, if you had a mechanical problem with the button or
the plastic parts that actually push the button, you could
either see if the plastic is just a poor fit, and file it to work
better, or short the reset wires and see if that solved your
problem. I have had buttons that did not fit their holes in the
case too well...

I have not investigated how the reset button functions in an
ATX case, so I will not make any comments on those.
                 Rick Glazier