From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:49:01 -0700
At 01:09 PM 11/17/2000, you wrote:
>You've all been most kind as I have rebuilt this machine.  Everything is working well
>except for an occasional error:
>
>"An exception OD has occurred at 0028:C000ABD5 in VxD VMM (01) + 00009BD5.  This was
>called from 0028:C0050CC0 in VxD VPICD (01) + 0000099C."
>
>I thought I knew how to handle errors, but this one has me stumped.
>
>Running W98SE on P200MMX with 130 MB, 37GB.
>
>Any help?
>Carol

Most GPFs or BSODs, (General Protections Errors and Blue Screens of
Death), are caused by either a bad or badly written hardware driver on
the system.  You probably should investigate your video card driver,
usually the most likely candidate, then your modem driver and so forth.
Check the manufacturer's web site for newer drivers.
See the article I wrote discussing this issue at:
    http://nospin.com/pc/pcs05-7.html
titled:  Tips for Troubleshooting GPFs in Windows

You also may be missing a VXD file or you have loaded an older software
program that has replaced the need VXD file with an older one that does
not work.  If you are using WIndows98, read the information we supply
at:  http://nospin.com/pc/pcs05-012.html

       Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: