From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:47:00 -0500
It may depend on the type of DSL service in your area.  I don't think that
this would work with my "bridged" connection, since I have to use the MAC
number of my network card to identify the computer to the service provider.
You would need some way to masquerade the same MAC number for both
computers.

Perhaps, if you asked about getting accounts for two different computers at
the same location this would be a solution for you that avoids the need to
network the computers.

Many DSL providers are going to some form of PPP service, now.  I'm afraid
that I'm not very familiar with this kind of connection, but it seems to
work more like a dial up connection.  It may very well be with this kind of
connection, as long as you have a DSL modem on each computer, you can
connect from either computer, though not both at the sametime (unless you
get two accounts).

John