From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:30:24 -0500
I have contacted my friend and have encouraged him to locate a shop with an
EPROM programmer  before risking loosing my bios chip.  We have the bin
file for his bios so if he can locate a programmer he will probably be able
to use that file, right?  I've not burned PROMs in a long time.

Doug

At 11/16/00 08:45 PM, Herbert Graf wrote:

> > A friend screwed up his bios flashing and now has an inoperable machine.
> >
> > I have a machine with the same motherboard and a good bios. I remember
> > reading somewhere a procedure that could be *carefully* used to re-flash
> > the bios if you had another  motherboard with a good bios.  I
> > have not been
> > able to find the instructions, but it involved starting the machine with
> > the good bios, removing the good bios after a boot to DOS, replacing it
> > with the bad one, and then flashing it.  I would appreciate anyone's input
> > on this procedure or if you can point me to where I can find the
> > procedure.
>
>      You got it. Boot the machine. With power on remove the good bios chip
>and replace it with the bad bios chip. Flash the bios and power down. The
>bad bios chip is now good again. A safer alternative is to find someone with
>a programmer and just make a copy of the good bios chip. TTYL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html