From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:02:00 -0600
From: "Carl Barnhart" :Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000 10:57 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] device conflicts

> I recently built an AMD system.. The modem worked fine until today. I was
> surfing the web and the sytem froze. From then on, I couldn't connect to
the
> web. I looked in the device manager to see what was wrong. I double
clicked
> my modem, and clicked the resources tab. In there it had the Interrupt
> request at 03. However, for some reason it's saying that the conflict is
> "Interrupt request 03 Used by: Communications Port (com2)..
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Carl Barnhart

Carl,

Many of the new modems require that the com port that the modem will use, be
disabled in the BIOS.  The reason for this is the port is now located on the
modem, as you can see in Device Manager.  Try going into the BIOS and
disabling Com port 2.  You may have to uninstall your modem and reinstall it
for it to work again.

Mary Wolden

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org