From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 09:44:42 -0800
I was not aware that NT 4 had terminal server capabilities. On my Windows
2000 server machine at work, I recently installed terminal server and
connect to it from home. In my setup, I have a separate machine running NT 4
workstation for the dialup connection. I then use TCP/IP to connect to the
terminal server. The two services (terminal server and remote access) are
separate features. The reason I use an NT machine for the RAS is that I had
difficulty making it work on my Windows 2000 Pro installation. On Win2k pro,
I was able to dial in and connect to the machine, but could not get routed
to the rest of the network despite activating that feature in RAS. I have
not tried RAS on the Win2k server yet.

To get what you want, install RAS (Remote Access Service) and configure it
to allow a specific user account to use it. Then install whatever terminal
server software you are using. Enable the same user account to use terminal
server. I cannot give details since I am not familiar with terminal server
on NT.

Peter Shkabara
http://pesh.what.cc