Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:11:20 +1100
From: "Richard Geoffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 11:31 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Access to Bios Password. Help Please.

> 2. Is they a way of bypassing the password to allow
>      access to the bios ?

Download BIOS crack, copy the crack to a bootable floppy, there you go, no
more password.

> 3, When I have access to the bios, is it better to use
>     Lifeguard EZ-install which came with the new drive
>     to transfer the info from the 3.3gb to the 20gb.
>     Or is it better to use the disks which came with the
>      computer ?
>      (2, PB cdroms, marked, 1, master  2, master.
>       1, PB floppy bootdisk)
>
>       All text files are backed up to floppy, I would
>       like to finish up with 1, hd with a 20gb partition.

The PB disks won't help much (except FDISK I guess).
Personaly, I would not use any of those install program. If you can, use
GHOST software, I use Norton Ghost, with Ghost, you can make exact copy of
your 3G to your new 20G harddisk, Ghost will do partition, format and
diskcopy in one simple step for you, easy, fast (just few mins, Ghost will
finish all tasks) and trouble free.
However, you may check your computer BIOS, in case if it doesn't support
harddisk larger than 8G, you may only be able to use the EZ-install to get
the new harddisk work.

Jun Qian

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org