NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rose Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:58:21 EDT
Isn't that the gum that contains a relatively new ingredient -- called
Recaldent?
When Trident first came out with the gum several months ago, there was no
indication of what recaldent was.

Then, they had a recall -- recaldent is milk-derived! Now, they list (at
least in the US) on the front package that recaldent is milk-derived. I think
the variety I saw this new packaging was on the kids' gum.

I don't know what their equipment situation is like either. If they have
dedicated lines for the variety containing recaldent or if all of their gum
is made on share equipment. Until I check, my son (anaphylactic to milk)
won't be chewing their gum -- and that's all we used to use!

Rose