CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:16:52 -0500
Frank, you're right.    Nader isn't John Anderson.     It's just that
Nader gets me feeling so cranky at times.     He doesn't participate in
any struggle beyond narrow consumer, green, or trade unionist sorts of
things.

Despite the fact that I like a Lebanese- American candidate for
President ( ala abdo), my fondness for Gus does tempt me sometimes to
think about writing his name in again, as a protest vote.      Gus and
Angela!      Those elderly that always operate the polls here in Texas,
get so tired of a lack of interesting write-ins.....

No, Nader doesn't answer a marxist's prayers.      He answer's a
liberal's prayers.   His campaign is an effort to make the Democratic
Party a more responsible party for the people.      As such, it's due to
go down in terrible defeat.

By the time the Year 2001 rolls around, Nader will only be the smell of
a diesel's exaust fumes on the political landscape.     If Labor and The
Greens want to do more, they have to involve themselves in more than
electorialism.      Maybe they will???????? someday.

Tony
Frank Scott wrote-
<Equating Nader to John Anderson is beneath TA's intelligence...whatever
else may be said, ralph has a record of representing everything BUT the
corporate interest, and doing so honestly, with integrity and with a
relevance beyond the imagination of any politico, and far too many
leftists.

Wishing and dreaming for a left party is nice, but facing the fact that
one does not exist, and that Nader and the Greens offer a substantial
critique - in some cases, deeper and more realistic than what leftists
offer- is necessary at this time...Ralph may not answer a marxist
prayer, but who the hell does? Gus Hall?>
fs