BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:05:13 -0800
> Its hard to impress "real" architects with good questions.

Can't help but recall 1962 when I was one of Soleri's three apprentices and
the wonderfully curious Buckminster Fuller came to lunch to find out what
was happening out there in the desert.   We three youth joined the family
for lunch, expecting to hear the two men expound on their ideas of
architecture over Colly Soleri's fabulous pasta.   Soleri and Fuller spent
the entire time arguing (questioning) about the nature of God.   Cornell
Arch. professors didn't teach that (actually, the enlightened humanistic
Pastor at the Lutheran Church in College Town did a good job of trying, but
the "profession" talked about in School was a "job" instead of a way of
expressing your belief).

At lunch, we learned that people on the 60th floor with heart attacks (like
people in fish boats and coffee shops) sometimes die of heart attacks.
According to the great men, the question isn't "how", its "why" and "who"
makes the choices.

cp in la-la land
(a reference to the long and unique history of BC politics)  (we will soon
have a Provincial election so the Premier just announced he is going to
China for a while !)  ( in the 1880's the Premier of the BC was a late
bloomer who legally changed his name to Amore de Cosmos)