BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:48:57 -0400
fellow erstwhile and real writers, I'm having difficulty with
the last line of this poem
can you help me decide?  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

you've seen them, tough guys
scratching matches on their zippers,
soles, or unshaved faces
popping matchheads onehanded with thumbnails
into flame...
then brushing their hair back unconciously
as they bend to light a cigarette

well, this one guy I knew,
FINE as hell, in highschool
cut like no one else
trim in the hips
high in the ass
rippled abs
shoulders sculpted, in
muscle shirts ripped from tees
(he wore tight 505's
before anyone else knew what they were....)

happened to have some strike anywheres
stashed in his front pocket...
he'd been teasing me all night
as we negotiated the dark paths down by the creek
and we'd planned on having a few beers and a little fun,
lounging on our blanket spread on the bank
by the fire he'd kindle on the rocks

but as he squatted to arrange the sticks
the fine friction of tight jeans against firm thigh
compressed match against match, and
gave a whole new meaning to the phrase
"hot pants"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
or should it be something else, like
(hot for you)
(fire in his loins)
(is that a fire in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?)
(the heat down there)
(the flames of desire)
(pocket rocket)
(_your suggestion here_)

what do you guys think?
(I think I should go plant flowers around the tree out front
since it's beautify the neighborhood day!   ;)    )