Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:36:24 +1000
Hello everyone,

I posted a network problem at PCsoft, with no reply, so I decided to try here.

I have a strange problem for all network expert out there.

My PC runs win2k, Netgear FA311 10/100 NIC. Protocal: TCP/IP, NetBEUI, and IPX/SPX/NWlink. File & print share enabled, guest account enabled. HDD sharing set to everyone full controll.
My friends run win98, winMe, and one win2k.
everyone has his own IP address, all PCs linked to a switch, no server.

The Problem: I was trying to LAN with my friends to play LAN games and share files. I could play LAN games over hours without any problems (ping time is very good), I can see everyone on network, everyone can see me too, I can play large video files located on other computers, I can copy files from my computer and paste to other computers, all working fine. But, I cannot copy files from any other PCs to my PC, when I tried to copy, my PC will freeze. Also anyone cannot access my HDD (asking password which I have no idea what it is).

I've tried another NIC (known good acer ALN 325), different cables, uninstall & reinstall protocals, with no luck.

Any idea what's going wrong? TIA

Jun Qian

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml