Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 23:03:17 +1100
I've never setup a IDE RAID before, I cannot tell the performance, but from
all the reviews I've read, there is no real performance lead (because the
IDE limit, computer still cannot access more than one IDE device at a time).
The only advantage you can take is that you can have upto 4 IDE drives act
like one big drive.  If you really want to speed, SCSI is the only way to
go.

RAID can be either software or hardware, eg NT and win2k can set software
RAID 0,1 or 5. If you use a RAID card, it will be hardware RAID controlled
by the card.

Jun Qian