Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 07:59:56 -0500
Your voltage ranges look ok except for the 3.3 especially if you have that
set for 3.5.  When I set my system to 3.5, it really shows it running at
3.5.

I think you said this in intermittent?

I have very similar system except I have a 550 running at 770 and have no
problems at all but in the abit newsgroup, alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,
there have been many people with similar problems.  A few have a board with
faulty capacitors ,I believe, which is a known problem for abit in early
model be6-2's. The newsreader that I am on doesn't store messages very long
but if you search the news group you should find some information.  It was
discussed there about 2 months ago.  As I remember though, they couldn't
boot at all with a Geforce installed though.

Have you tried a different video card for a while to see if that is your
problem?

I have seen one suggestion to take the fan on the Gforce and run it's lead
to a motherboard or power supply lead instead of taking the power off the
card.

Another good place to look is http://home.earthlink.net/~strayman/BE6II.htm
.  there is a faq there with a lot of troubleshooting info on start up
problems.

Ben Moore