From:
Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:32:15 -0600
Dave Gillett wrote:

>   Can you provide more details?  Are you using a hub or co-axial
> cable?  How many machines are on the network?  What is the server's
> address?  Can you give an example of address/netmask/etc that this
> workstation has obtained from DHCP, and one obtained by the machine
> that works?

Ok. The problem has been fixed. As it turned out, it was not the Win95
machine at all. The DHCP server on the Windows Server had suddenly
started acting up, but there were no messages reported under the
Event Viewer. Re-booting the Server fixed the problem. Don't know the
cause of it in the first place though.
Thanks to all who responded.

Dharam

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,