From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:45:17 -0500
> A friend screwed up his bios flashing and now has an inoperable machine.
>
> I have a machine with the same motherboard and a good bios. I remember
> reading somewhere a procedure that could be *carefully* used to re-flash
> the bios if you had another  motherboard with a good bios.  I
> have not been
> able to find the instructions, but it involved starting the machine with
> the good bios, removing the good bios after a boot to DOS, replacing it
> with the bad one, and then flashing it.  I would appreciate anyone's input
> on this procedure or if you can point me to where I can find the
> procedure.

     You got it. Boot the machine. With power on remove the good bios chip
and replace it with the bad bios chip. Flash the bios and power down. The
bad bios chip is now good again. A safer alternative is to find someone with
a programmer and just make a copy of the good bios chip. TTYL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html