Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:41:49 EDT
Hi

In a effort to upgrade for the least possible amount, I purchased a FIC
VT-503 motherboard.  This is a Baby AT that will handle up to P233mmx
processor.
I also bought a p66 128 meg dimm.
After installing, everything works except windows will not detect the mouse.
I've tried com1 and com2, still no mouse.  I've disabled the on board com1
and com2 ports and installed an expansion serial card.  Still no mouse
detected.  This is the only serial device I have.  I even removed the dimm
and put in 2 8meg fast page memory simms, thinking the memory may have
something to do with it, still no mouse detected in windows.  I even booted
from a diskette, DOS 6.22, and loaded a standard serial mouse driver, still
no mouse.

I was wandering if any one knows of this problem and what I can do to correct
it?

Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks

Chuck Cooley