BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:41:46 -0400
On August 29th, Tooter wrote:

> Do I come here when I need to get out of here (where I am)?
How many of you view this place (in here) as a physical domain in your
mental construct....?<

I've said it before and I'll say it again....
BP has kept me sane at times;  many times when I've lurked for weeks or
even months...
it was because I was so overworked or stressed or surrounded by
unthinking people, that I couldn't summon words...
but just being "here" made me feel a part of a larger community --and
however you want to define
community, I think feeling a part of one definitely makes it a
"place"...
so many times I've signed on and followed a conversation thread and
learned something new, or just laughed --
and a *laugh* can be a godsend at times   ;)

and Dan, some days I DO spend in the real world equivalent of Gab and
Eti's virtual structure
so I definitely don't want to gather there, tasticard or not...
I wouldn't have to use much imagination there,  I could just think back
an hour or so to generate the appropriate
physical and sensory input  ;)

deb "help me mr. wizard, sometimes I don't want to be ANYWHERE anymore"

p.s.   at least when I'm online for a little while, nobody can call me
;)
and if somebody asks why my phone was busy, I just tell them I've been
talking with members of my histo-presto
professional organization ...
they say "Oh, okay"     {    BIG  ;)   }

http://im.yahoo.com