Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 12:27:16 -0500
From: Vic Llanes :Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Help with HP scanner

> Hi and thanks for replying.
> To answer the questions:
> 1.  Yes.  This problem is one that just started recently.
> 2. No. I have not made any changes to my system as far back as when the
> scanner has been working well.
> 3. Yes. I'm using the scsi card that came with the scanner.
> 4. No. There aren't any other peripherals daisy-chained on the same SCSI .
> 5. the card is using 0dc0- 0ddf irq 11
>  Additional info: I'm using win98; Pii400mhz; motherboard is a shuttle hot
> 661; 158 pc100 ram; 48x creative cd 38x, 10x, hp cd writer
>
> hope these help
>
> Thanks
> Vic

Vic,

1. Does the scanner only behave this way with the OCR program?  Do you have
any other programs that you can scan into to see if it behaves the same way?

2. Is the scanner sharing an IRQ or I/O with any other devices?

3. Which driver are you using with the scanner?  The current version for the
6100 is Deskscan II version 2.8.  Have you tested the scanner with the HP
Scanner test utility?
Does it behave the same way with the scanner test utility?

4.  Check the cable from the scanner to the SCSI card and make sure it is
secure.

5.  Have you checked to see if the scanner is properly terminated?  Proper
termination of SCSI devices is essential, many odd problems are caused by
improper termination of SCSI devices.

Mary Wolden

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html