From:
Bob Zeoli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:33:55 -0700
I just had the unfortunate experiance of turning on my machine and having a
loud pop and a cloud of smoke come out of my 13 month old KDS 17" monitor.
They are sending me a new one but in the mean while I took my old Packard
Bell (PB8537SVGA) monitor from the basement and I am trying to get it to
work.
I deleted the KDS monitor from device manager and added new hardware but my
monitor was not listed in the PB types so I tried the PB8528SVG which did
not work, I also tried the standard monitor selection. Unfortunately I can
not find the PB driver disk.  I can get a desk top of 640x480 to work okay
but I can not get a 800 x 600 resolution to work.  This monitor did display
that resolution on my last machine a year ago.  The specs say it is capable
of a 1024x768 resolution. I searched Windrivers.com for a driver.  There is
a page that says to use the PB8528SVGL driver for 95&98 for this model
monitor but the link to down load the driver does not work.  I tried about
every generic and PB driver in windows but did not get any results.  Any
thoughts on where I might be able to find this driver or another that will
help me to get to 800x600?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org