From:
Jay Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 10:24:44 EDT
In a message dated 06/24/2000 9:44:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
David

David,
I have the Abit BE6 II board also.  I have a Western Digital 20.5G Drive. I
went through similar problems and remember that I had to leave the drive on
the IDE controller until the drive was completely installed with the OS.
After it was functional on the IDE and everything seemed OK, then take it off
the IDE and connect it to the U/66 controller. This has worked fine for me.
PS. (I assume you installed the HighPoint UDMA/66 driver?)
Jay Merritt