CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hutton, Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:45:19 -0600

I am new to the list and I'm not sure if I'm calling what I want the right
thing.

There is a computer program where you can type in the ingredients of a
recipe and it will convert it to carbs/meat/fat etc counts.  What I am
wondering is can it convert a recipe using Bette Hagmans GF mix, when the
recipe calls for wheat flour, and give you the right counts.  Or do you put
in the flour mix as a recipe and get the count for it first, then you can
use the mix in your recipe and the program will count it properly.

I have a celiac son (8) and a diabetic step-son (9) and only want to make
one batch of cookies since I don't have wheat flour in the house.  We have
done okay with my step-son's diet since he has only been here on weekends
but he has moved in full-time now.

Thanks for the help.

Please note change in email (was kbulmer now khutton)

KAREN HUTTON
    Systems Analyst     Phone: (780) 491-5565
    Information Systems Pager:  (780) 445-1320
CAPITAL HEALTH  Fax:       (780) 491-5119
EDMONTON, ALBERTA         E-mail: [log in to unmask]