BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:23:28 -0800
> This reminds me of some off-hours sledding

> My brother lost his sled, and ended up with the Guiness Book of World
Record
> wedgie (his underwear was up around his ears) by the time he stopped
sliding
> somewhere just north of the US border.

And this reminds me of a time in the early 50's when a sledding guy lost a
leg just a year after another one lost an arm on a traffic sign post at the
bottom of the Library Slope on the Cornell campus, and in the ensuing debate
in the Ithaca Journal about whether sledding should be banned on the slope
or the sign posts removed, the campus "official" response was that snow
sledding etc. was a natural thing to do and injuries were a natural
consequence so neither prohibition nor removal was to happen.

Ah, the power of Ivy League tradition !

cp in bc