BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 06:45:02 EST
In a message dated 1/5/2001 7:29:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< 1.2 Visible peeling paint is prohibited.

 1.3 Inconsistent and patchwork paint jobs are prohibited.>> >>

I knew there was something about the notion of aesthetic districts that
bothered me. In oily (=early, rather than slimy) Joisey City days, I used to
make fun of myself as "The Architectural Police." But having NYC Paint
Police, even for me, is going too far.....then again, it may have a great
appeal to Rudy, under his theory of quality of life crimes, or to Dubya as a
whole new class of capital crimes.

Would paint have to brushed or airless sprayed, so one doesn't have those
unsightly roller nap marks in the dried paint; or are the nap marks
acceptable on masonry (except for pressed brick) but not on wooden trim,
doors, etc.?  What about historic alligatoring?

Ralph