From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 11:13:35 -0500
> My computer is a bonus room from the master bedroom. I like the space
> although it's usually the hottest place in the summer and coldest place in
> winter. What bothers me more is the electricity power. It was not designed
> for high wattage usage. Everytime I turn on my printer, the light appears
> dimmer and unstable. A few week ago, when my wife turned on the vaccuum
> while my 2 computers were all on, we had a shut down of power of the area
> (bedroom, computer room, bathroom). It obviously exceeded the capacity
> allowed.
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to increase the capacity to this area so
> dimmer light, power shutdown won't happen again. Or, only an electrician
> can do something about it?!

     I doubt very much there is anything you can do about it. If you're
lights are dimming that much it points to very serious wiring problems, I'd
even say it might be dangerous leaving it the way it is. Computer's
generally don't suck up that much power, a laser printer might since it does
use a heating element for the fuser. I suggest you contact an electrician to
see what can and should be done. TTYL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html