From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:41:16 -0600
1) Can this be fixed?
    Yes...but the cost of a new LCD will be prohibitive. Try a look on eBay
for some HPs that have parts available.

2) If not fixed with the monitor continue to deteriorate?

   Maybe or maybe not. However, it can possibly still be a usable computer,
just not portable. Buy a cheap 14 inch monitor and connect it to the laptop.
I've got a laptop right now that has a bad screen (not from a fall...it just
cratered totally about three weeks after my colleague's identical laptop did
the same) and the new LCD for hers was $830 (she got it repaired). Mine is
not going to be repaired...we'll hook it to a monitor. I'm using my hard
drive now in a third laptop and the screen on it is beginning to go out
also. Luckily I've got a new Dell Latitude on order. BTW...these three
laptops are Twinhead P-98s. Great machines when they work. My mobo also died
at Christmas.

Later,

Russell Smith
Edtech Consultant, Journalist