From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 17:11:55 -0600
At 08:48 PM 04/29/2000 , you wrote:
>I believe one can use these ribbon cables to connect to dma33 drives. Is
>there any condition where this may not be true or where there use could
>affect system functionality - ie Windows?

The UDMA66 cable is backwardly compatible with all IDE devices and
the motherboards today that support UDMA66 have over come the issue
with data transfers reduced by slower drives on the a controller.  So,
you can connect just about any IDE device to these cables.  There are
some motherboards that have issues with some IDE devices on a UDMA66
controller, but these are rare.

This is not necessarily true for UDMA33 controllers and earlier IDE controllers.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html